The Administrative Assistant plays a critical role in the day to day operations of our Western Canada Mechanical office. This permanent full-time position includes benefits and an optional RRSP matching plan.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing clerical duties such as filing, typing, copying documents and correspondence preparation. Screening calls; distributing mail, and maintaining office supplies and equipment.
- General shipping (FedEx, UPS, etc.) Assembles shipment data, including weight, charges and ensuring delivery within a satisfactory time frame.
- Coordinates weekly time sheets for payroll processing.
- Maintains updated technician resumes.
- Coordinates booking flights and hotel accommodations.
- Works with HR and Safety to coordinate new hire paperwork and orientations.
- Coordinates weekly “On-Call” schedules weekly.
- Responsible for entering customer contact information into NetSuite CRM
Responsible for compiling purchase order information, charge slips, and sales tickets with the assistance and input from Operation Supervisors to generate Account Receivable invoicing using NetSuite accounting software.
- Updates weekly accounts receivable list.
- Performs customer credit assessments as needed.
- Processes Credit Card payments.
- Deposits payments received.
- Commissioning of statutory declaration legal documents for invoices.
- Invoice follow up and corrections when needed.
- Participates in weekly A/R accounting calls to update forecast information.
- Makes collection calls to ensure timely payment.
- Data entry of weekly expense reports and general Accounts Payables into NetSuite.
- Sets up, new vendors.
- Maintains filing system.
- Assists with month end divisional accruals.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Two (2) year college education and/or an equivalent level of experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint and Accounting software.
- Ability to learn software when changes are implemented.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A customer service orientation.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.